Arriving at Hoag Addiction Treatment Centers
Our number one priority on your first day at Hoag Addiction Treatment Centers
is to help you feel safe, welcome, and comfortable. An attentive and highly
trained team is waiting to listen to your needs and help assess the most
appropriate and effective treatment plan for you. From assisting you with
paperwork to giving you and your family a tour of the facility to informing
the medical staff of your medical needs, our compassionate staff is here
to help you recover.
What to Expect On Your First Day at Our Addiction Recovery Center
When you arrive, your registered nurse will complete a comprehensive nursing
assessment. This assessment will inform the physician and the treatment
team of any specific needs or current medication areas that require immediate
You will be given the opportunity to get settled into your room and meet
your program peers. You will be assigned a primary counselor within the
first 24 hours of your arrival.
We welcome your questions prior to your admission and at any time during
your time with us.
What to Bring
Our primary goal is to create an environment that is safe, comfortable
and conducive to healing. We hope you will find the following list helpful
in preparing you for your treatment experience at Hoag. We are happy to
answer any questions and discuss any concerns you may have.
Items you should bring include:
- Personal hygiene — Bring shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and other
personal items. No products that contain alcohol, such as mouthwash and
hairspray, are allowed.
- Comfortable clothes — Pack four to five days’ worth of clothing.
Do not bring suggestive or revealing clothing, or clothing that depicts
alcohol, drugs, violence or sex.
- Comfortable walking shoes and slippers
- Hats, caps and sunglasses — Bring any protective wear you require
in preparation for outdoor activities.
- Phone numbers, stamps, envelopes and addresses
- Eye glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids
- Cigarettes — Do not bring cloves, cigars, or chewing tobacco. We
will assist with smoking cessation if you would like to stop smoking.
- Pre-paid calling card — Phones are available for local outgoing calls.
- Insurance and driver’s license
- List of current medications, including dosage and instructions
- Leave of absence paperwork, if indicated — We provide SDI paperwork
Do not bring:
- Electronic media and communication devices, including cell phones, laptops,
iPods, cameras, TVs, radios, and CD players
- Books and other reading material — We provide recovery related literature
- Hobbies — Knitting, needlepoint, musical instruments, etc.
- Work / job materials
- Jewelry other than what you wear
- Food, candy, beverages
- Vitamins, herbs, nutritional supplements, illegal substances
- Pillows and blankets
Cash, jewelry, and credit cards in excess of $25 will be kept in the hospital safe.
Location & Visitor Hours
Our address is:
One Hoag Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Inpatient visiting hours are:
- Wednesday, from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, from 12 - 2 p.m.
For more information, don’t hesitate to
contact us today. Our Newport Beach and Irvine addiction recovery programs are designed
to serve patients with excellence and compassion. Our phone line is open
24/7, so call today.