Arriving at Hoag Addiction Treatment Centers
Our number one priority on your first day at Hoag Addiction Treatment Centers is to help you feel safe, welcome, and comfortable. An attentive and highly trained team is waiting to listen to your needs and help assess the most appropriate and effective treatment plan for you. From assisting you with paperwork to giving you and your family a tour of the facility to informing the medical staff of your medical needs, our compassionate staff is here to help you recover.
What to Expect On Your First Day at Our Addiction Recovery Center
When you arrive, your registered nurse will complete a comprehensive nursing assessment. This assessment will inform the physician and the treatment team of any specific needs or current medication areas that require immediate attention.
You will be given the opportunity to get settled into your room and meet your program peers. You will be assigned a primary counselor within the first 24 hours of your arrival.
We welcome your questions prior to your admission and at any time during your time with us.
What to Bring
Our primary goal is to create an environment that is safe, comfortable and conducive to healing. We hope you will find the following list helpful in preparing you for your treatment experience at Hoag. We are happy to answer any questions and discuss any concerns you may have.
Items you should bring include:
- Personal hygiene — Bring shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and other personal items. No products that contain alcohol, such as mouthwash and hairspray, are allowed.
- Comfortable clothes — Pack four to five days’ worth of clothing. Do not bring suggestive or revealing clothing, or clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, violence or sex.
- Comfortable walking shoes and slippers
- Hats, caps and sunglasses — Bring any protective wear you require in preparation for outdoor activities.
- Phone numbers, stamps, envelopes and addresses
- Eye glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids
- Cigarettes — Do not bring cloves, cigars, or chewing tobacco. We will assist with smoking cessation if you would like to stop smoking.
- Pre-paid calling card — Phones are available for local outgoing calls.
- Insurance and driver’s license
- List of current medications, including dosage and instructions
- Leave of absence paperwork, if indicated — We provide SDI paperwork
Do not bring:
- Electronic media and communication devices, including cell phones, laptops, iPods, cameras, TVs, radios, and CD players
- Books and other reading material — We provide recovery related literature
- Hobbies — Knitting, needlepoint, musical instruments, etc.
- Work / job materials
- Jewelry other than what you wear
- Food, candy, beverages
- Vitamins, herbs, nutritional supplements, illegal substances
- Pillows and blankets
Cash, jewelry, and credit cards in excess of $25 will be kept in the hospital safe.
Our address is:
One Hoag Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Inpatient visiting hours are:
- Wednesday, from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, from 12 – 2 p.m.
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our Newport Beach and Irvine addiction recovery programs are designed to serve patients with excellence and compassion. Our phone line is open 24/7, so call today.